London Marathon Places 2016
So that everyone is aware of the system and there is no confusion regarding the FRR club London Marathon 2016 places I have detailed the system and current position below:
- To qualify for an entry in the club lottery, you must have a current rejection slip from the London Marathon, be a first claim Felixstowe Road Runner and have entered the London Marathon ballot stating Felixstowe Road Runners as your club, rather than unattached or any other running club. The club rules assume two club places are allocated to Felixstowe Road Runners.
- If you have been in the last two or more consecutive draws for London club places and failed to get a place you instantly get entered into the first pot. One name is drawn from this pot.
- Any unsuccessful members from the first pot get entered into pot two, along with all members that have been unsuccessful in the previous year’s club draw. One name is drawn from this pot.
- Any members apply for a club place in 2016, but did not apply for a place in 2015 will get entered into pot three. Please note, there is no draw for members in pot three. This is because only two places have been allocated.
- Any members lucky enough to represent FRR as result of the club places are ineligible to re-enter the draw for 3 years.
Previous FRR Representatives
- In 2012 the three members who represented the club were Richard Smith, Adrian Hine and Pauline Barr. These are now eligible to apply for club places.
- In 2013 the three members who represented the club were Richard Farnworth, Nigel Dadge and Roger Stone.
- In 2014 the three members who represented the club were Lesley Cooper, Martin Fuller and Luke Whitwell.
- In 2015 the three members who represent the club were Daniel Gould, Caroline Stafford and Rachael Crisp.
- in 2016 the two members who will represent the club are Ann Rideout and Sally Solomon.
If anybody wishes to discuss this with me, you are welcome to, but please remember that the club places are a privilege for all members, it is not a right for any member to be drawn in any year. I hope the whole club can get behind any members drawn to represent the club. No member has any more right to a club place than any other.
If you do obtain a place through the ballot, you are expected to wear club colours. This also makes it easier for supporters to identify you.
Current Posts following London Marathon 2016 Draw
- Neil Catley
- Rob Woodard
- Alex Jacobs
- Steven King
- Paul Schwer
- Amanda Smith
- Jo Whelan
- Kevin Whelan
- Richard Wilkins
- Daniel Shanks
- Peter Woods
- Mark Goodwin
- Will Schwer
- Mark Ford
- Jonathan Jenkin
- Mark Banham
Good luck everyone
Simon Wiggins – FRR Club Secretary