Ipswich Building Society Twilight 5k – 20 – 29:59 mins – May 11 2019 17:40PM
Ipswich Building Society Twilight 5k – SUB 20 min wave – May 11 2019 19:00PM
Ipswich Building Society Twilight 5k – over 30 mins – May 11 2019 15:30PM
Whether it be a 3k fun run for all the family to enjoy, a 10k trail race to get the heart racing or a 12 hour or 24 hour endurance challenge, we are confident you will take away some fantastic memories and a pretty awesome medal too.
Our 12 & 24hr endurance races are the first of their kind here in rural Suffolk, you can enter the races as a solo runner, as a pair or as a team (24hr only) of up to 8 runners and the aim is to complete as many laps of our 5 mile course as possible in the 12 or 24 hour time limit
FRIDAY JUNE 14th 2019
15:00: Campsite opens
17:00 – 21:00: Registration open at Race HQ
18:00 – 21:00 Ultra Running Workshops (Details TBC)
20:30 Guest Speaker – Mimi Anderson
22:00: Final Friday arrivals
22:30 – 06:30: Quiet time on the campsite
SATURDAY JUNE 15th 2019
08:00 – 09:45: Registration opens for 3k & 10k races
08:00 – 11:00 Registration opens for 12 & 24hour race
09:50: 10k Race brief & warm up by starting arch
10:00: 10k race starts
10:10: 3k Race brief & warm up by starting arch
10:15: 3k race starts
10:45: 3k & 10k Presentation for Top 3 Male & Female Runners
11:45: 24hr race brief by starting arch
12:00: 24hr race starts
20:00: Headlamps or hand torches to be taken on all laps started from this point
11:45: 12hr race brief by starting arch
Midnight: 12hr race starts
SUNDAY JUNE 18th 2019
11:59: Final laps may begin
12:00: 12 & 24 hour race finishes. Laps in progress must be completed by 13:00 to count towards your score
12:30-13:00: Presentations for all categories
12:00: 17:00 Fathers day fun afternoon (details TBC )
17:00 Event village break down & pack up
Race Limit: 500
Minimum Age: 17 years on day of race
Licence Number: pending
We plan to open entries on 1st August 2019 – 6 weeks before the race. This is intended to reduce the need to process transfers due to unforeseen diary clashes.
Price will be £18 for unaffiliated, or £16 for UKA-affiliated runners.
The course is nearly all tarmac promenade, pavement or road but between the Ferry and the Martello Tower there is a stretch of sometimes heavy shingle and so because of this we are sorry to say it is not suitable for wheelchair competitors.
The course will have two water stations and also water at the finish.
Directions & Car Parking
There is metered car parking available around the Leisure Centre, IP11 2AE for satnav. There is free car parking at Garrison Lane car park, IP11 7SH for satnav.
Please do not park in residential parking spaces and consider the environment by car sharing as much as possible.
Take the A14 to Felixstowe, then straight over the dock spur roundabout onto A154 Candlet Road, turn left at the roundabout onto A154 Garrison Lane and straight over the traffic lights continuing straight. Car parking available just before the Premier Inn, turn right at the roundabout and follow the road to the end to reach the Leisure Centre.
The start is at the bottom of Bent Hill on the promenade; a minute’s walk from the Leisure Centre and will be sign posted.
Collect your timing chip and number from the race HQ in sufficient time to reach the start. Race HQ opens at 8 am.
Race HQ will have a baggage drop; you will need your race number to access this facility and to have your bag returned. Toilets are available at race HQ and the use of showers and changing rooms as also available for a small charge payable to the Leisure Centre themselves.
Prizes and Mementos
All finishers will receive a medal.
Prizes to be awarded as below, please note only one individual prize per competitor which will be the highest ranked award.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed open Male and Female
- 1st placed Male 40 – 44 / 45 – 49 /50 – 54 / 55 – 59 / 60+
- 1st placed Female 35 – 39 / 40 – 44 / 45 – 49 / 50 – 45 / 55+
- 1st placed Male Felixstowe Road Runner
- 1st placed Female Felixstowe Road Runner
- 1st Men’s team (3 from same club, affiliated clubs only)
- 1st Female team (3 from same club, affiliated clubs only)
- Sorry, but we are unable to offer refunds.
- Self-service transfers are allowed until the end of Thursday 12th September. Please visit the race entry site to administer transfers.
- Competitors must obey the instructions of race organisers, race officials, police and marshals at all times before, during and after the event while in the vicinity of the course, race headquarters and any designated car parks, failure to do so could result in disqualification.
- The wearing of earphones is strictly prohibited, as competitors must be able to hear instructions from race organisers, police, marshals and race officials before, during and after the race. The wearing of earphones will result in disqualification. This is standard for road races on open roads.
- All competitors must affix the race number to the front of their vest or t-shirt, and all emergency and medical details on the reverse must be completed in full.