New for 2020, we will be running an internal grand prix. This involves the club captain choosing a set of races from the existing calendar, the results of which will be collated based on the following criteria:
- Each athlete’s performance will be age graded and the grading will translate to points.
- Bonus points equivalent to a race win are available for volunteering at an FRR race, or other nominated race that FRR are asked to provide marshals for subject to committee agreement. Only applicable once per year.
- Members will be automatically entered into the grand prix based on their attendance at the corresponding events.
- (provisionally) There will be 12 races to choose from, with the top 7 results counting.
The primary aim of the club grand prix is to encourage members to compete. As such, the races will be chosen based on: a variety of distances; easy to enter (so no Woodbridge 10k); events spread throughout the year.
- Runners must be fully paid up club members to qualify, must enter the race as an affiliated member, and must run in club colours.
- The races that form the grand prix will be decided each year by the committee.
- The final decision regarding prizes/awards rests with the committee.
As this will be the first year of administering the FRR grand prix, we will undoubtedly need to tweak the rules and procedures to make it a fair competition. Please be understanding but mostly enjoy your running!
Races for 2020
|5 January||Suffolk XC||XC||Done|
|15 March||Stowmarket half||HM||Online – open|
|10 April||Sudbury fun run||5m||Online – live|
|19 April||Bungay Festival of Running||10k/HM/Mar||Online – live|
|3 May||Heritage Coast||6m/HM/Mar||Online / on the day|
|May||Ipswich Summer Series|
|5k||On the day|
|10 July||Brantham 5||5m||Online|
|12 July||Ekiden relay||Various||via club captain|
|October||St Eds Running Festival||10k/HM/Mar||Online|
|24 December||Stutton & Holbrook fun run|
(Royal Hospital School)
|6k (ish)||Online / on the day|