Membership year 2022-2023
Subscriptions are now due, there follows though a few notes on the process…
- Every member will be registered with England Athletics – whether you are a competing member or not (e.g., a social member)
- Note that a family membership is made up of two competing members and two non-competing members.
- If you have bought a family membership but have more than 2 that want to compete additional competing members can be added at £16 each
- We are asking everyone to complete a full set of details for the application process. There is no renewal shortcut as changes get missed and it makes the administration far more difficult.
- Your registration details (including URN) will be sent via email by England Athletics direct to you, this will happen sometime in April/May. Existing URNs will remain valid in the meantime.
- Every member can go online and update their details on the England Athletics website.
- Once again as in previous years you must separately complete and submit your details and also then pay.
- The membership year runs from 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023.
To complete your membership application please complete the following Membership Form. Once you have completed the form, you must select the correct membership fees below and check out through this website. You will receive email confirmation of your payment and application receipt independently. If you require clarification, please do email email@example.com.
Remember, you must complete both the Membership Application form and pay your fees for your membership to be valid.
By signing up as a member, you are agreeing to adhere to the club Code of Conduct, and that your name may appear on this website. If you do not wish your name to appear on this site, please advise the webmaster.
We welcome new members of all standards.
As a member of Felixstowe Road Runners you can enjoy the following benefits:
|Tuesday Club Training at Brackenbury Sports Centre||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Track Training at Northgate Sports Centre (approximately 8 sessions per year)||No||Yes||Yes†||Yes||Yes|
|Wednesday Junior Club Training at Brackenbury Sports Centre||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free entry to the Suffolk XC Championships||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes*|
|Free entry to the Suffolk Winter League XC events||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes*|
|Invitation to all FRR Social Events and Meetings||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Approval for membership to the FRR Facebook Group||Yes||Yes||Yes**||Yes||Yes|
|Number of Competing UKA registrations||0||1||1||2****||0|
|Total Number of FRR registrations||1||1||1||4||1|
† Juniors must be continuously supervised by a parent/guardian at track training sessions
* 2nd Claim Members taking advantage of our “Free Entry” system must run in FRR colours at those events. Members’ 1st claim club cannot be eligible for the respective competition or must approve the athlete’s desire to race in FRR colours. (This is the UKA rule)
** Only Parents/Carers will be approved access to the FRR Facebook Group
*** A family is defined as one or two parents/guardians and their dependent children, living at the same address.
**** If you require additional competing family members on your membership, please add the appropriate item to your membership fees. Additional affiliations cost £16 each (UKA charge)
The club has a number UK Athletics licensed Coaches, Assistants and Run Leaders. The coaching team provides support and assistance to any club member, be it general running advice or a training programme for any race up to and including marathon distances.
For those new to running you should ensure you are in good health and consult your GP if necessary. Always make sure you wear suitable running shoes.
Tuesday Club Training
Our club training sessions are suitable for all abilities, fast or slow, generally starting with a mile warm-up followed by a speed, hill or ‘fun’ session. Following a cool down run back to Brackenbury the night is finished with a stretching session. Anyone coming along should be able to cover a minimum of a couple of miles but speed is not important.
Visitors and prospective members are invited to join us for one or two Tuesday Club Trainings to try it out before we ask that they sign up as full members.
Prospective and new members are suggested to contact the Membership Secretary for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday Junior Club Training
Please contact the Junior Coaching Team for more information.
Friday Track Training
We hold track training sessions approximately once per month, where the race calendar and coach availability allows. Dates are published on the calendar and in our FRR Facebook Group when they’re confirmed.
These sessions help to develop speed, but are suitable for all abilities. Depending on coach availability, they are often open to our junior members also (subject to parental supervision)
Felixstowe Road Runners offer a concessionary membership to those in receipt of means tested benefits.
Proof of eligibility for any of the following will be required to apply for concessionary membership.
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Personal Independence Payments
- Disability Living Allowance (Mobility and Care Component)
- Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
If you wish to apply for a concessionary membership, please contact Nicola Stevenson – FRR Welfare Officer email@example.com. All enquiries will be treated in strictest confidence.