Date: Sunday 15th September 2019
Start Time: 09:15 am
Race HQ: Felixstowe Leisure Centre, Undercliffe Road West, Felixstowe, IP11 2AE
Race Limit: 500
Minimum Age: 17 years on day of race
Licence Number: Pending
Price: £18 or £16 for UKA affiliated runners
Entries open on 1st August 2019 – 6 weeks before the race. This is intended to reduce the need to process transfers due to unforeseen diary clashes.
Enter via racesonline: https://www.racesonline.uk/race-entry/felixstowe/
** SOLD OUT **
If you can no longer make it, you can transfer your place via the racesonline link above. Transfers are now closed.
The course is nearly all tarmac promenade, pavement or road but between the Ferry and the Martello Tower there is a stretch of sometimes heavy shingle and so because of this we are sorry to say it is not suitable for wheelchair competitors.
The course will have two water stations and also water at the finish.
Directions & Car Parking
There is metered car parking available around the Leisure Centre, IP11 2AE for satnav. There is free car parking at Garrison Lane car park, IP11 7SH for satnav.
Please do not park in residential parking spaces and consider the environment by car sharing as much as possible.
Take the A14 to Felixstowe, then straight over the dock spur roundabout onto A154 Candlet Road, turn left at the roundabout onto A154 Garrison Lane and straight over the traffic lights continuing straight. Car parking available just before the Premier Inn, turn right at the roundabout and follow the road to the end to reach the Leisure Centre.
The start is at the bottom of Bent Hill on the promenade; a minute’s walk from the Leisure Centre and will be sign posted.
Collect your timing chip and number from the race HQ in sufficient time to reach the start. Race HQ opens at 8 am.
Race HQ will have a baggage drop; you will need your race number to access this facility and to have your bag returned. Toilets are available at race HQ and the use of showers and changing rooms as also available for a small charge payable to the Leisure Centre themselves.
Prizes and Mementos
All finishers will receive a medal.
Prizes to be awarded as below, please note only one individual prize per competitor which will be the highest ranked award.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed open Male and Female
- 1st placed Male 40 – 44 / 45 – 49 /50 – 54 / 55 – 59 / 60+
- 1st placed Female 35 – 39 / 40 – 44 / 45 – 49 / 50 – 45 / 55+
- 1st placed Male Felixstowe Road Runner
- 1st placed Female Felixstowe Road Runner
- 1st Men’s team (3 from same club, affiliated clubs only)
- 1st Female team (3 from same club, affiliated clubs only)
- Sorry, but we are unable to offer refunds.
- Self-service transfers are allowed until the end of Sunday 8th September. Please visit the race entry site to administer transfers.
- Competitors must obey the instructions of race organisers, race officials, police and marshals at all times before, during and after the event while in the vicinity of the course, race headquarters and any designated car parks, failure to do so could result in disqualification.
- The wearing of earphones is strictly prohibited, as competitors must be able to hear instructions from race organisers, police, marshals and race officials before, during and after the race. The wearing of earphones will result in disqualification. This is standard for road races on open roads.
- All competitors must affix the race number to the front of their vest or t-shirt, and all emergency and medical details on the reverse must be completed in full.