London Marathon 2021 club places
So that everyone is aware of the system and there is no confusion regarding the FRR club Virgin Money London Marathon 2021 places I have detailed the system and current position below:
If you’ve been rejected but would still like a chance to run, either 2020 or in a future London Marathon, we need your rejection slip.
We expect to receive 2 places, but this will be confirmed once the places have been allocated to us.
- To qualify for an entry in the club lottery, you must have a current rejection slip (email or letter) from the Virgin Money London Marathon 2021, be a first claim Felixstowe Road Runner and have entered the London Marathon ballot stating Felixstowe Road Runners as your club, rather than unattached or any other running club.
- If you have been in the last three or more consecutive draws for London club places and failed to get a place you will be get entered into the first pot. One name will be drawn from this pot.
- Any unsuccessful members from the first pot get entered into pot two, along with all members that have been unsuccessful in the previous two years club draws. One name will be drawn from this pot.
- Any member who was in pot four last year and rejected this year will be entered into pot three (2 successive rejections). No name will be drawn from this pot, but will act as a record of application such that next year they are eligible for pot two.
- Any member who applies for a club place in 2021, but did not apply for a place in 2020 will get entered into pot four. No name will be drawn from this pot, but will act as a record of application such that next year they are eligible for pot three.
- Any member lucky enough to represent FRR as result of the club places are ineligible to re-enter the draw for 3 years.
- All rejection slips (by-hand to a club official) and emails (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) must be received at least 1 week before the draw takes place.
- The draw will take place during a Tuesday Night club briefing after the club’s allocation of places has been confirmed, but this will be announced in due course.
To summarise, each consecutive year that you submit a rejection you will be moved into a lower-numbered pot. We will draw one name from the first pot and tip the remaining slips into the second pot. We will then draw one name from the combined slips there. Should we be allocated additional places, this process will repeat for pot three etc.
Previous FRR club place winnders
|Year||FRR Representatives||Eligible to reapply for 2021?|
|2012||Richard Smith, Adrian Hine and Pauline Barr||Yes|
|2013||Richard Farnworth, Nigel Dadge and Roger Stone||Yes|
|2014||Lesley Cooper, Martin Fuller and Luke Whitwell||Yes|
|2015||Daniel Gould, Caroline Stafford and Rachel Crisp||Yes|
|2016||Ann Rideout and Sally Solomon||Yes|
|2017||Steven King and Kevin Whelan||Yes|
|2018||Dan Clark (deferred) and Mark Banham||No|
|2019||Rachel Palmer (deferred) and Liz Beighton||No|
|2020||Jonny Miles and Ali Ostler (deferred)||No|
If anybody wishes to discuss this with the committee you are welcome to, but please remember that the club places are a privilege for all members, it is not a right for any particular member to be drawn in any year. I hope the whole club can get behind any members drawn to represent the club. No member has any more right to a club place than any other.
If you do obtain a place through the ballot, you are expected to wear club colours. This also makes it easier for supporters to identify you.
Places are not transferable. You may defer, for one year only, but need to pay the entry fee for both years in this case.
Current Pots for the London Marathon 2021 Draw
The names here are eligible for the respective pots. I will indicate where rejection slips have been received with a tick (✔) People who have confirmed that they won’t be in the draw are
Pot one – 4 or more consecutive ballot rejections (7 confirmed – 1/7+1/14 = 21.4% chance) :
- Adrian Kudela
- Carita Farthing
- James Ellul ✔
- Jimmy Russell
- Marion Parker ✔
- Matthew Howe ✔
- Nicola Stevenson ✔
- Paul Osborne ✔
- Richard Wold
- Shaun Good ✔
- Zoila Reyes ✔
Pot two – 3 consecutive ballot rejections (8 confirmed, plus 6 rollover from pot one, 1/14 = 7.1% chance) :
- Caroline Stafford
- Catherine Walsh
- Collette Green ✔
- Daniel Gould ✔
- David Mayes ✔
- David Seymour ✔
- Ian Sillett ✔
- Jackie Collins ✔
- Jenny Church ✔
- Jess Farthing
- Joanna Blyth ✔
- Justin Ostler
- Matt Makin
- Rachael Miller
Pot three – 2nd consecutive ballot rejection :
- Andy Ellis
- Andy Metcalfe
- Becky Ellul ✔
- Ben Hudson
- George Clark
- Jacqueline Allport
- Justin Fiddaman
- Lucy Driver
- Lucy Sheehan
- Mary Burgess
- Rachel Crisp
- Richard Allport
- Rob Worthington ✔
- Sally Solomon ✔
Pot four – 1st ballot rejection :
- Kirsty Marsh ✔
- David Brewster ✔
- Linda Dorset ✔
- Sarah Banham ✔
- James Nial ✔
- Gary Jarvis ✔
- Tom Aykroyd ✔
- Rob Barker ✔
- Kerry Buckley ✔
- Steve Blyth ✔
- Kev Whelan ✔